It is important to be a good digital citizen
8 lessons, 45 minutes per lesson
- What should you do if you meet a cyberbully?
- How is ‘netiquette’ the same/different than etiquette?
- Why is it wrong to ‘plagiarize’ intellectual property?
- Why is an avatar a good idea?
- Is the internet a safe neighborhood?
- Observation—students use the skills learned
- Completion of projects
- Transfer—evidence of student learning in classes/life
- Emailed quiz
- Track topics covered with graphic organizer at the end of 6-8th Grade unit
- Receipt of certificate in Welcome to the Web unit
- Option: certificate in Common Sense’s Digital Passport covering:
- Multi-tasking with cell phones is a bad idea
- Online messaging?
- Effective searches
- Digital laws with personal creative pieces.
- Option: Play Carnegie Cadets covering the internet, email, cyber threats, cybercrimes, chat rooms, instant messaging, netiquette, cyberbullying, online data, searching the internet, copyrights/plagiarism, cell phones, and online reputation.