As a working technology teacher, I get hundreds of questions from parents about their home computers, how to do stuff, how to solve problems. Each Tuesday, I’ll share one of those with you. They’re always brief and always focused. Enjoy!
Q: My taskbar disappeared. What do I do?
A: Push the flying windows key (it’s located between Ctrl and Alt on the bottom left of your keyboard). That brings up the start button
It might have disappeared because its properties got reset to Autohide. Here’s what you do to fix that:
- Hover over the area where the toolbar normally lives.
- If it appears, right click on it and select Properties
- Go to the tab that says Taskbar
- Make sure the box that says Autohide toolbar isn’t checked.
What if the toolbar doesn’t appear when you hover over it? That means it got minimized to the bottom edge of your screen. Here’s what you do:
- Hover over the extreme bottom edge of your screen. Does a double headed arrow appear?
- If it does, that’s a sign of life for your toolbar. Click and drag upward to bring your toolbar back from the edge.
Now you know as much as I do.
Questions you want answered? Leave a comment here and I’ll answer it within the next thirty days.
To sign up for Tech Tips delivered to your email, click here.