I calculate what’s trending on my blog by which of my posts are popular in a
particular time period. Here’s the run-down so far this year:
- 20 Great Research Websites for Kids
- 20 Common Computer Problems and Solutions (a Third Grader Can Do)Great Websites
- 107 Favorite iPad Apps for K-8
- 31 Human Body Websites for 2nd-5th Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 62 Kindergarten Websites That Tie into Classroom Lessons
- 18 Online Keyboard Sites for Kids
- 20 Valentine Sites For Your Students
- Great Websites
- Great Lesson Plans
Another part that’s interesting is where viewers ‘click through’ once they find my site. This tells me the resources they like enough to spend time on seeking out. Here are the top then:
- structuredlearning.net–tech ed books and ebooks
There’s a theme: Resources. It’s what you-all want. I’m good with that.
Jacqui Murray has been teaching K-8 technology for 15 years. She is the editor of a K-8 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum, and creator of technology training books for how to integrate technology in education. She is the author of the popular Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy. She is webmaster for six blogs, CSG Master Teacher, an Amazon Vine Voice book reviewer, Editorial Review Board member for Journal for Computing Teachers, Cisco guest blogger, a columnist for Examiner.com, featured blogger for Technology in Education, IMS tech expert, and a monthly contributor to TeachHUB. Currently, she’s editing a techno-thriller that should be out to publishers next summer. Contact Jacqui at her writing office or her tech lab, Ask a Tech Teacher.